What do you like better, Christmas or Wedding Season? Yes. The answer would be, um, Wedding Season? – Jeremy Grey, Wedding Crashers
That’s right, it’s wedding season. Did you know that June is the most popular month to get married, with 17% of couples saying “I do?” (theknot.com) I just recently had a two year spree of an on-going “wedding season,” and all of them were destination weddings, lucky me – not so lucky bank account.
Weddings are getting increasingly more expensive to put on, and with that the cost of attendance is rising. Between gifts, attire and transportation most of us are looking for some sort of break. I’m going to tackle the issue of looking like a million dollars at the next wedding you’ll be attending without breaking the bank, thanks to Find&Save.
First let’s tackle the big issue, what to wear? Summer weddings provide you with an opportunity to wear a splash of color and minimal amount of layers. Now, since you don’t want to steal the attention away from the bride, stay away from loud prints, patterns and whites, as a general rule of thumb. If you like solid colors go for a vibrant hue, like tangerine, mint or cerulean.
- If you like to show off your waist go for something that cinches like this brilliant tangerine Mod.Lusive Tie Front Shirtdress, now 50% off at Nordstrom.
- In the mood for some texture? Try this coral number with a mixed-eyelet pattern that’s currently 45% off at Old Navy. If you want more definition add a belt, or tie your favorite scarf around your waist.
- For the girly girls who love ruffles and flowing fabric, try this LC Lauren Conrad Ruffle Chiffon Dress, now 60% off and in a gorgeous mint, for a fun and flirty look – you never know who you’ll meet at a wedding!
- Now not all patterns are bad at a wedding, just loud ones that scream, “Look at me!” Heading to a destination or beach wedding? This one’s for you – BCBG Max Azria Printed A-Line High-Low available at Nordstrom, featuring a dramatic keyhole neckline and muted all-over leaf print.
- Love your shoulders? Show them off! Pick out a dress with a criss-cross neckline to show off definition, like this cerulean BB Dakota ‘Keifer’ Crinkled Fit & Flare Dress, which is now 76% off at Nordstrom.
Once you’ve chosen a dress it’s time to move on to the fun part, accessorizing! No matter what you choose to wear be sure to pull it all together with well thought out accessories and the right pair of shoes. Remember, comfort needs to be a factor – you might be dancing the night away!
Stop by Zales to pick up just the right amount of sparkle! Right now save up to 25% off select regular price items. As for shoes, look for a wedge or pump that is similar in both platform and heel height so your feet don’t hate you at the end of the night, like these nude strappy heels (42% off at Journeys), because nude goes with everything!
Lastly, enjoy the big day with your loved ones who are getting married. It’s time to celebrate!
Photo c/o Flickr user h0lydevil